By Matt Neglia
The USC Scripter Winners honoring the best in Adapted Screenplays and their source material for 2019 have been announced.
Click below to see the winners.
- Matthew Carnahan and Mario Correa for “Dark Waters” based on the New York Times Magazine article “The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare” by Nathaniel Rich
- Steven Zaillian for “The Irishman” based on the nonfiction work “I Heard You Paint Houses” by Charles Brandt
- Taika Waititi for “JoJo Rabbit” based on the novel “Caging Skies” by Christine Leunens
- Greta Gerwig for “Little Women” based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott
- Anthony McCarten for “The Two Popes” based on his play “The Pope”
For the full list of winners including television click here.
Who do you think will win Best Adapted Screenplay at the Oscars? Let us know in the comments below or on our Twitter account. You can also see our current predictions for Best Adapted Screenplay here.
You can follow Matt and hear more of his thoughts on the Oscars and Film on Twitter at @NextBestPicture