By Matt Neglia
The USC Scripter Nominations honoring the best in Adapted Screenplays and their source material for 2019 have been announced. The winners will be announced on January 25th 2020.
Click below to see the nominations.
- Matthew Carnahan and Mario Correa for “Dark Waters” based on the New York Times Magazine article “The Lawyer Who Became DuPont’s Worst Nightmare” by Nathaniel Rich
- Steven Zaillian for “The Irishman” based on the nonfiction work “I Heard You Paint Houses” by Charles Brandt
- Taika Waititi for “JoJo Rabbit” based on the novel “Caging Skies” by Christine Leunens
- Greta Gerwig for “Little Women” based on the novel by Louisa May Alcott
- Anthony McCarten for “The Two Popes” based on his play “The Pope”
For the full list including television click here.
What do you think will be the final five nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay and which film do you think will win the USC Scripter Award? Let us know in the comments below or on our Twitter account. You can also see our current predictions for Best Adapted Screenplay here.
You can follow Matt and hear more of his thoughts on the Oscars and Film on Twitter at @NextBestPicture